Regular Stream of the Quebec Skilled Worker Program
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program seeks to enrich Quebec’s active population by accepting candidates who are likely to successfully adapt to our labour market.
Candidates wishing to be selected as a Quebec skilled worker under the regular stream must fulfill the criteria outlined in the selection grid, which considers the following factors:
- The candidate’s education (level and field of study);
- The candidate’s age;
- The candidate’s work experience;
- The candidate’s language abilities in English and French;
- The accompanying spouse’s qualifications (if applicable);
- The candidate’s past visits to Quebec and family members in Quebec;
- The existence of a valid job offer;
- The candidate’s children.
Thus, the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI) evaluates candidates in function of the selection grid, which analyses several factors. For each criteria analyzed, points are allocated to the candidate. In order to be considered admissible for selection by Quebec, the candidate must obtain enough points to reach the passing scores.
In January 2016, the MIDI launched their new tool “Mon Projet Québec” in order to allow candidates to prepare and submit their Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) applications online.
Inform yourself on the Quebec Skilled Worker program: a possible gateway to Canada for those whose destination is Quebec.